Job Description: Fulper Family Farmstead is seeking an outgoing and passionate individual to represent Fulper Family Farmstead at farmers markets, demonstrations at specialty food stores, special events, and on-farm programs such as farm tours, field trips, and birthday parties. This position will average 15 hours per week with weekend hours required alternating between farmer’s markets, demonstrations, and on-farm programs. Must be available starting at 7:30 am on given days.
The Farm Ambassador and Educator’s main responsibilities:
- Sample and sell our products, along with educating customers about Fulper Family Farmstead. Must be intimately familiar with all of our on-farm practices in order to explain them to customers.
- Be a champion of the Agritourism team at our bi-monthly Farm Tours, weekly Field Trips, and Birthday Parties creating unforgettable on-farm experiences to increase the number of returning customers.
- Be well-versed in where customers can buy our products and generate awareness about Fulper Farms at every opportunity
- Be passionate about fresh, local food, on-farm education, and community outreach
- Enthusiastic about teaching farm-based programs for all ages that combine fun and education. Willingness to learn and embrace the Fulper Family’s deep history, values, and culture is imperative
- Interface closely with the Fulper family and Sales & Marketing Manager to implement, expand and improve upon our existing outreach and educational efforts as well as enhance the farm’s capacity to serve as a learning tool.
Experience and Skills: Applicants must be enthusiastic, outgoing, positive, articulate, and passionate about sustainable farming and fresh dairy, with excellent people skills. Previous Farmer’s Market and on-farm Education experience is a plus, but a willingness to learn, quickly, is most important.
- Experience in sales and customer service
- Experience with independently leading educational programs or youth groups
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with a sense of humor
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, willing to work outdoors in all weather, be happy in a job where you work on your feet all day
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use personal vehicle
Compensation: $12/hour with opportunities for advancement, mileage reimbursement, employee discount for dairy products
Company Description: Fulper Family Farmstead is a small, progressive family dairy farm established in 1909 when Mary Fulper moved to Lambertville, NJ and brought one cow with her. Each family generation gradually expanded the farm and today, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Fulper generations work together to maintain 1,200 acres of farmland, care for a herd of 300 dairy cows, and continue to innovate. Our family is proud to produce wholesome, quality dairy products, practice the latest soil conservation methods, and utilize environmentally friendly practices including our solar renewable energy system. We are passionate about sharing our century of experience, farm practices, and local, fresh dairy products through farmer’s markets, grocery store demonstrations, on-farm tours, field trips, birthday parties, and our well-known; Farmstead Adventure Camp to bridge the gap between our farm and local families.