Try Our Favorite Farm-Fresh Recipes
Herbed Ricotta Spread
- 2 cups Fulper Farms ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1.5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Top with additional olive oil to taste. Serve with breadsticks, crackers or thin sliced baguettes. Serves about 8.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound FULPER ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time and beat thoroughly. Add ricotta and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
Sift together dry ingredients then combine with moist ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet (I use a melon ball to get a uniform size). The dough is sticky.
Bake for 11-15 minutes until bottoms are light brown.
** Once cooled, frost them with a lemon glaze or sweet frosting for added touch!
Chopped Caprese Salad
- 8 ounces fresh Fulper mozzarella cheese, chopped into small pieces (cubes)
- 1 (10 ounce) basket cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon balsamic (if desired)
Pleasin’ Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
Teach your kids that breakfast can be fun and playing with your food can be OK too! Try making a delicious breakfast parfait that even your children will love!
Makes 1 Servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup of your favorite cereal (forget that boring old granola!)
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit, sliced (i.e. strawberries, blueberries, peaches)
To assemble parfait, begin with 1/2 cup yogurt in the bottom of a bowl or tall glass. Add 2 tablespoons cereal and 1/4 cup fruit. Repeat. Top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cereal
Have fun with it and make your own designs!
Fulper Farms Fresh Picked Peach Smoothie
Looking for a cool refreshing treat after a day of U-Pick Peaches with the kids? Try this delicious (and nutritious)smoothie.
Makes 2 Servings
Prep Time: 60 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 3 medium or 2 large fresh peaches with skin, seed removed, sliced
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In a single layer on a plate, freeze the sliced peaches for at least 1 hour (or overnight). Add the frozen peach slices, milk, yogurt, honey and vanilla extract to a blender container. Cover and puree until smooth. Pour into 2 chilled glasses.
Don’t throw away those leftovers!!! Freeze any leftover smoothie into popsicle molds for a frozen treat anytime.
Recipe by Jackie Newgent, RD, award-winning author of The All-Natural Diabetes Cookbook