Janice DiLello: ‘Udderly Full’ Camp Scholarship
Janice DiLelo created a scholarship to pay for 1 child to attend a weekly session of Farmstead Adventure Camp each summer because of her life-changing experience at Fulper Farms. She wants others to have the opportunity to experience the gifts of farm life like she has.
“Fifteen years ago, I had recently moved to the Lambertville area and being from New York City I was very curious when I saw an Ad in the local newspaper in big letters “MILKER NEEDED.” I had no idea Fulper Farms or cows existed in the area but I was purely curious so I drove up to the farm and spoke to the oldest Fulper brother, Rob. He hired me on the spot! (Personally, I don’t think anyone else applied because of the 4 a.m. milking shift) It was a moment in time that has been a gift that just keeps giving. It felt like the unknown because I knew nothing about cows except that they gave us milk and that was even a big mystery then. I didn’t know very much about farming either. But one thing I did know in my gut was that it was where I belonged and the rest would unfold rightfully, and boy, was my intuition right on! My life has been “Udderly Full” since then.
- Getting to see so many stars over the beautiful fields in the early mornings.
- Learning the power of mindfulness by having to be totally present with every cow.
- The joy of receiving a kiss from a cow that sticks her head all the way out to reach you.
- The wonder of welcoming a new calf into the world.
- The knowing that every problem has a solution and you never give up.
- I learned that country music is awesome! And it makes the cows very happy, especially Taylor Swift.
- And most of all, I learned from the Fulper family that working hard on the farm is “Joy in Action”